Monday, March 06, 2006

Who is turning the big 25?

Yes, I will be turning half of 50 this Sunday. With all the prep and excitement of our upcoming trip, I almost forgot that I have a birthday coming up. I took my mom with me to The Shabby Sheep this weekend. I went to look for something for my secret pal, and I ended up getting a little something for myself as well. My mom asked me what I would like for my birthday and I told her needles, circular needles. She had no idea what I was talking about. =)
So, I have compiled a list of needles I currently own. It is not too detailed, but all the DPNs I own are aluminum except for one, the great bamboo set from my SP (size 8). All the rest of my needles are either plastic or aluminum. I am partial to the plastic needles. I thought that I preferred to knit on straights, that was until I started knitting in public. Now I realize the upside of knitting on circulars. I was waiting for a table at a restaurant recently and I was very aware of nearly stabbing the patrons nearby, not to mention the needle getting caught in the sleeve of my jacket. Though, one woman did say that knitting was "amazing".

No comments: