Monday, March 10, 2008

Another long pause...

Wow, I didn't realize it had been a month since my last post. I have been meaning to post for a little while now, especially after Ms. Walker posted a comment in regards to my post for the book "I'll Be Hunting You". Yes, for the record, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It was well written and satisfying. Tori and Declan are two of my favorite characters. I was so unsure about the story, I even reread all of the other Hunter books to see if there was any mention of the pair being together in later books to make sure they made it through together before reading this particular addition. I wasn't disappointed and I really felt for Tori throughout the whole of the story.
After I read the comment I told my husband that I felt like a movie star had taken a moment to say hi to me. I was thoroughly star struck, just as I am whenever Patricia Briggs answers a question I ask on her forum. Now, Ms. Walker, please come to Dallas for a book signing and I will be speechless.

I have been busy working through a newly acquired TBR pile that I picked up for $5 at a used book sale a couple of weekends ago. It is mostly all Silhouette books, so I am counting each 3 books read as one novel. I will work on updating the list once I figure out how to make it scroll and once I compile the list properly. I am saving the books until I jot down all the titles and authors then they are off to Half Price to be replaced by yet another TBR pile. The little voice in my head is insisting that I also polish off the TBR pile on the book shelf, but that voice is evil.

I attended my first "American" wedding this weekend. It was beautiful and sweet and, umm, short. Now, you have to understand that I have only ever been to Catholic weddings, which consist of a full mass in addition to the marriage ceremony. My wedding itself also included an exchange of coins, a candle lighting and some other tradition where a lace like shawl was pinned shoulder to shoulder joining myself to my husband. This, needless to say, took more than an hour. The wedding ceremony I went to this weekend, well including the entrance and vows, took the better part of about 10 minutes. It was refreshing and I enjoyed myself. I also enjoyed their music choices. The entrance song was Blue October's 18th Floor Balcony and their first dance was a Jibe song, but don't ask me for the title because I can't remember the title. The version in my iTunes is untitled, probably because I got the song from the bride and groom years ago. Anyways, correct me if I am wrong about the songs guys.

The DH and I post shawl linking.

In other news, I have been contemplating knitting again, but I don't know if that will pass. I can't read and knit at the same time so the feeling may just pass.

For the people curious about the talus fracture, the healing process and how I am doing nearly 2 years from the accident and surgery. My ankle has been giving me a spot of trouble these past few months. I am contemplating another steroid injection before the BIL and MIL come into town for a short visit. It isn't unbearable, I can still walk and run for the most part. Walking around the mall is taxing, to the point that I am slow and limping to finish the round and make it to the car. Then it is stiff and sore for a couple of days following. I will discuss the arthroscopy with the OS when I go in for the injection. I may go through with it in the middle of the year. It really depends on what is going on around that time.
I noticed that since I stopped working out that it has been causing me more trouble than when I was working out. It is definitely more stiff and sore more often. It also locks up on me at weird moments, like when I am lying in bed or sitting at my desk. Certain positions are more painful than others, but I do not live with constant pain. I will post more about it after I see the OS and have some new xrays taken.

One last thing, I voted for the very first time ever. I will be 27 in a couple of days and I have never voted before. So, very interested in the democratic race, I attended the Texas Primary election on March 4th along with millions of other people in Texas, thousands of which have never voted before. I cast my vote for who I want to represent the democratic party and crossed my fingers, waited up as long as I could only to fall asleep before the final tally was up, woke up in the middle of the night to ask who won Texas (to which my husband shrugged his answer), then logged on to CNN first thing in the morning to discover that Obama had not won the Texas popular vote but was projected to win the delegates. A loss and a win. I could settle for half.
Voting was an exciting experience, as corny as that sounds. Now I can hardly wait for the general election. Baby steps, I know, we still have the better part of the year to go before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol... Miz Deva, you got hit by a spammer.

Sooner or later, I plan on getting to Dallas. The DH was born in Mesquite and he wants to take the rottens to Lake Fork, so sooner or later, I'll be down there.