Thursday, May 04, 2006

Black Thursday

Ever have a day of the week that you just dread? Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job. But, dammit, I hate my Thursday uniform. Every Wednesday night I go to sleep thinking "Fucking A, it is Black Thursday tomorrow." And every Thursday I wake up thinking "Why does Black Thursday have to come every fucking week?" Why black? Well, I wear a uniform and every day is a different color. Thursday is, you guessed it, black. And, though scrubs are generally comfortable, these scrubs are cursed. Every other pair of pants I own, all the same brand, all the same size, all the same style fit perfectly fine, but these pants have decided to be my living nightmare. Not knowing any better, when I went to try on the uniform I only tried on one color. Ahh, if I only knew then what I know now. *sigh*

On a different note every day I resolve to actually knit something and finish it. And every day life gets in the way of fun. First of all, in case you haven't heard, we are - unfortunately - moving in with my mom. The one thing I thought I would never do again...thinking about it makes me want to cry. But, sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do. I had 6 great years mom free. Six fantastic, joyful, carefree years, just Aaron and I enjoying life. And the streak ends at the end of this month. So, you can tell by my ecstatic telling of this that I must be packing up a storm just itching to get into her house. I think I have one box packed. Got to take along the books.
And, aside from the moving, my job description at work has morphed in to a completely different position that what I was hired for. I am now the surgery scheduler. This is the first job that I have had that seriously scared me to think about taking on, but it turns out that it is not so bad. I guess it could be worse.

So, this weekend I will actually get some knitting done. Or, maybe, christen that sewing machine I got for Christmas that I was so happy to receive and even picked out myself.

Oh, and I have a few "new" music addictions. New for me anyways. I am really liking 30 Seconds To Mars (forget that Jared Leto is seriously hot) the music is really good. The first song that I heard was pretty good, now the new one is good as well. Their website plays a few songs, great. And I really like Shinedown's new song "I Dare You". I have been boycotting The Edge in the morning...and I only catch miniscule clips of The Edge in the afternoon...but I did catch Shinedown recently and I really enjoyed it. The lead singer's voice reminds me of Jibe - in case anyone out there remembers them. Wendy? You remember, right? We need to catch a concert again sometime soon. At least one this summer because it is pathetic that I haven't been to one in a really long time. =)

No comments: