Monday, May 01, 2006

Aaahhh!!! It's a...snake?

So, a couple of weekends ago, Saturday, my sister calls me to tell me that I need to go with her to their house tomorrow because there is something in the master bedroom's closet that I need to look at. They are moving in, and I ask what is it? She tells me that they think there is a snake on the top shelf in the closet. Well, my husband hears me talking and gets out of bed. I ask him what he is doing. He rolls his eyes and tells me "Well, if it is a snake we have to go and take care of it." I think about it for a second and I agree. No point in having a snake roaming around their house. So, I tell April to stay at the house until we get there.
We arrive at the house with Aaron's snake catching tools in tow. April and my mom are sitting on the floor in the corner of the living room as far away from the master bedroom as possible.
"Has it moved?" I ask.
"How the hell should I know, I haven't gone back in there." Was April's reply.
What was the point of having them stick around? I have no idea. That is my family for you. Even my brother, who was there at the time they found the snake, refused to catch it or kill it. Opting instead to let it languish in its comfortable den atop the shelf in the closet.
We set up the stool in the closet and I get up. Looks like a snake to me. Aaron gets up and makes a sound of disgust. He picks up the snake with a pair of tongs and laughs. Ahh, lo and behold, the snake is a...drum roll please...a piece of fabric. Aaron promptly runs out into the living room and throws the "snake" at my mom and April. They scream, he laughs.
Exciting weekend.
Aaron's snake fighting tools. ;P













Our lovely and terrifing snake.

No comments: